|It appears this article or a portion of it is considered to be a stub! Help out the Fire Force wikia by expanding it, or by contributing to the discussion page.|
|Special Fire Force|
|Manga||Shinra Kusakabe Joins the Force|
The Special Fire Force (特殊消防隊, Tokushu Shōbōtai), also nicknamed Blue Stripes (青線, Aosen), are a fire fighting force, which was originally formed by members of the Fire Defense Agency, Tokyo Army and The Holy Sol Temple. All eight brigades investigate the Spontaneous Human Combustion and purify the souls of Infernals.
Members of the Special Fire Force wear bunker gear, which is shared by all individual brigades. Fire Soldiers from Tokyo tend to wear black helmets on their heads, with the letters "FIRE SOLDIER # TOKYO", which was later changed to "FIRE FORCE # TOKYO" (with # being the brigade's corresponding digit). They also wear large jackets, with bright neon-blue stripes across the arms and stomach-area, and a collar directing outwards. Their jackets have buttons in shape of a cross. On several occasions, members of their respective brigades were seen wearing orange jumpsuits, when off-duty, with the same cross-shaped symbol on their backs.
The uniform also consists of gloves and a neck protector. The Fire Soldiers wear striped trousers, black-coloured shirts, buckled at the waist with a belt, and black boots. On the left upper-arm of their jackets, a number patch with the insignia of the brigade is present. The uniforms, however, are allowed to be customised, as shown with Shinra having his trousers cut shorter to reach above his feet, in order to compliment his ability to produce flames.
The main objectives of the Special Fire Force is to solve the secrets behind the Human Body Ignition Phenomenon and to purify the souls of Flame Humans. There are training facilities that a lot of Soldiers, such as Shinra and Arthur, attend before joining the ranks of a Special Fire Force. Though all of the Brigades have the objective of discovering the secret behind the phenomenon, they differentiate in their own power and backgrounds. For instance, members of Company 1 originate from The Holy Sol Temple, while members of Company 2 and Company 5 Brigades revolve around the Tokyo Army, though the 5th is more influenced by the Haijima Industries, which plays a significant role in producing and equipping the Brigade forces with all the tools they require. New recruits participate in the Rookie Fire Soldier Games.
Because of the divide among the Special Fire Force's individual brigades, Akitaru Ōbi suspects that each of the brigades of the 1st to 7th are gathering information on the phenomenon, but are keeping it a secret and don't reveal their findings.
Ranking system and rolesEdit
- The Captain (called the Battalion Commander (大隊長, Daitaichō) in the Japanese manga) is the leader and the elite of the brigade.
- The Lieutenant (called the Company Commander (中隊長, Chūtaichō) in the Japanese manga) is the second-in-command of the brigade.
- The Fire Soldier (消防官, Shōbōkan) is a soldier within the Special Fire Force. There are two different types of Fire Soldiers: First Class (一等, Ittō) and Second Class (二等, Nitō).
- The Sister (シスター, Shisutā) functions as a sort of priest of the team.
- The Science Team (科学捜査班, Kagakusou Han) operates as the scientists in the brigade.
- The Engineer (機関員, Kikanin) operates the weapons department and is in charge of maintenance.
- A salute by an officer is made only with the right hand.
- ↑ Chapter 8, page 6-9
- ↑ Chapter 2, page 11
- ↑ Chapter 9, page 8
- ↑ Chapter 2, page 1
- ↑ Chapter 52, page 3